Thank you for using Teachme Biz.
We are pleased to announce the "auto-translation" function, which has been requested by many of our customers.
- The manuals created can be translated into the language of the viewer's choice.
- The target language can be set from among sixteen languages for each group.
Released on April 10, 2023
Target Subscription Plan
This function is available for all plans with an additional subscription to the paid option "Auto-Translation+".
Mobile App（iOS/Android Version 5.3.0）
Reasons behind the release
In recent years, with the globalization of companies and inbound employment, there has been an increasing demand for manuals in multiple languages for use at overseas locations and for expatriate employees.
Some customers have expressed that creating manuals for each language or writing multiple languages in a single manual requires a large amount of man-hours to create and update.
Advantages of using this function
- When you create a manual in one language, your viewers can view the manual in the language of their choice.
- People who speak different languages can communicate using the manual as a starting point.
It is effective for an efficient training of foreign workers, allowing them to expand their field of activity.
You can set the displayed language for each group from sixteen languages that are widely used around the world.
Image of the setup screen
An image of the screen during translation
- If you want to set the system menu in a foreign language, you will need to do the language setting on your device and browser.
- The following sections are not subject to translation.
Text marking of images and videos
Subtitles for videos
PDF output of manuals
- Translation is not possible while offline.
The scope of translation at the time of release on April 10
Training Function Screen
Task Function Screen
* The translation of the Task Name and Description will be released around May-June 2023, followed by the Task List, which will be released around summer 2023.
Plans for future feature additions
We plan to release an additional "translation dictionary function" (scheduled for summer 2023).
This function allows users to specify the translation result for each word to prevent unintended translation.
Example of Industry Terminology
マネキン販売 → Sales Demonstration
The direct translation of this Japanese word would be “Mannequin sale”, which does not properly describe the action of selling while explaining the product.
Example of Product Name
唐揚げ → Karaage
The direct translation of this Japanese word would be “Fried Chicken”, which the meaning is quite wide and may not convey exactly for this typical type of “Karaage Fried Chicken”.
Example of Words with multiple meanings
Bat = animal, sport equipment used in baseball
Second = a measurement of time, a placement of something after the first
Inquiries and Quotation request
Please contact customer support to request a Quotation if you are considering adding the "Auto-Translation+" option.
If you have any requests, questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us from here.
2023/4/10 Entirely updated with the release of the function.